Saturday, May 12, 2018

Gratitude, Amen.


I want to say that there will never be birds enough, never be sunlight or words enough, to express the deep love and gratitude I have for the friends, colleagues, neighbors, family (and combinations thereof) who have offered their kindness and support in these past years. When I think of all of it, I want to fall on my knees like water to moonlight, and cave this body fully in to gratitude.

What this has meant is solace and comfort. It has meant knowing I can ask for help, though I resist doing so, though I pause.  So many of the women I know have children, busy lives of their own, work that must be tended to, whether at home or paid – it is a kind of sisterhood that I want  - nearing the angels – to herald, to praise. 

Hallelujah, say these earthbound sisters*, these earthbound birds. We are here.


House Finch Image Source


*(And wonderful brothers, too.)










No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Location

I'm changing to a wordpress website. It's called "Pink Stinks." I'll be blogging there from now on. It's still a...